In the month that we hear that David Beckham, the world’s highest-paid footballer is to retire from the game, it’s a question well worth asking.
In The Best You this month, we put David Beckham under the microscope to find clues about his life.
The lessons we learn from him are true for so many of the world’s great achievers.
While there are a myriad of factors that feed success, the common denominators shared by so many of the world’s greatest successes are… you guessed it … hard work, application and a willingness to learn.
If you’re like most of us, you’re might be good at what you do; but there are areas where you need help. That’s perfectly normal. Everyone has things they are great at and others they’d rather never have to do.
You may have tried to do a number of things on your own and have experienced varied levels of success. Working by ourselves, without outside help, almost always leads to poor results. No matter what we do or try, it doesn’t work the way it should. Remember to learn from others. The most successful people and businesses are willing to learn and actively ask for help. Pride is not part of the equation, even when keeping sight of its true values and reason for being.
In order to be the best, to run a successful practise, a shop, a career, become a better athlete, you need to be able to either be an expert in a number of areas, have access to people with the knowledge, or learn from the greats by reading their autobiographies.
What’s great is most experts love sharing their knowledge. You don’t get many who are over-protective about what they know. It’s part of their mental make-up to give away advice and great value information
I’ve always been fascinated by studying or read about the lives of the greats and that’s what we’re giving you this month and for the years to come. We’ll carry on speaking with the biggest minds to find out what makes them great. Through our interviews and the panel of experts we talk to all the time, we’re here to help you build up that picture of what you need to be great, too.
Who knows, maybe in a few years we’ll be interviewing you, too.
- The New Three R’s – the building blocks of success - October 31, 2020
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019