It seems it has properly arrived now – summer 2014! We hope you’ve been taking advantage of the sunshine as much as we have, with picnics and Pimm’s in the park, soaking up the sunshine at the seaside, and various other forms of fun sounding alliterations. But as much as we would like to spend all day, every day outdoors, we did in fact spend some time in the office over the last month to bring you the July 2014 issue of The Best You.
The theme of this month’s issue is gratitude. Our cover star Elton John has enjoyed decades of success and remains the amazing rocking rocket man that he became in the seventies, but he is incredibly grateful for his success. He shows this gratitude by donating substantial portions of his income to charity, with a specific emphasis on the Elton John AIDS Foundation. And our editor Bernardo Moya chats with Gina Nelthorpe-Cowne who tried her hand at a few projects before finding success with Kruger-Cowne talent agency, for which she remains very grateful for.
You probably also know that a couple of months ago we had out bi-annual series of NLP seminars. They went very well and we have had some great feedback from many of our delegates. One attendee, Tanya Franks, wasted no time at all to use the skills she had learnt at the seminars. On the way home she encountered a woman who was paralysed with her fear of escalators. Tanya took just a few minutes to help this woman overcome her phobia, and 10 minutes later she was skipping down.
We all want great skin, and try many things from miracle creams to medications, but Alice MacIntoshfrom The Food Doctor explains that beautiful skin is more than skin deep. It’s got more to do with what you put into your body than on it. We also interview Kezia Noble, the best-selling author of The Noble Art of Seduction, about what it takes to be a dating expert.
Then we end the issue with a bit of humour by chatting with the gorgeous and hilarious Emily Hartridge, the self-made internet sensation. Her YouTube videos have been making waves online, and she took the time to talk to us about her experiences.
All this and so much more!
All contributors include: Tanya Franks, David Bedrick, Kristen White, Alice McIntosh, Victoria Wilk, Ryan Eidson, Kris Miller and Robin Sharma.
- The New Three R’s – the building blocks of success - October 31, 2020
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019