Three Ways To Turn Failure into Success – Napoleon Hill
Napoleon Hill made a study of the world’s most successful people.
Something he noticed was they never experienced “Failure”.
If something didn’t work for them, they learned from the experience and moved on.
“Failure” was never the end of the process, but a step towards success.
Here are three common attitudes of successful people to failure:
1) Failure is a blessing when it pushes us out of a cushioned seat of self-satisfaction and forces us to do something useful. Study your own life and the achievers you admire and you will discover great opportunities often occurred during adversity. When faced with failure, we are more willing to deal with radical change and take the risks that lead to great success. You can capitalize on the opportunities adversity brings.
2) Failure seems to be nature’s plan for preparing us for great responsibilities. If everything in life were easy and came out exactly as planned, how little we would learn, how boring life would be, and how arrogant we would become! Failure allows us to develop humility. Failure is not easy to accept philosophically, knowing it is one of life’s great learning experiences. But remember, that’s what it is. Be certain that when you are being most extremely tested, you are being prepared for great achievement.
3) Your failure may prove to be an asset, provided you know why you failed. Insight can result from spectacular failure. At the moment of truth, extract the useful lessons you can use and then put the episode behind you. Learn from your failures, forget about them, and move on to do better things.
Personally, I see failure as the doorstep to success. It’s an opportunity to learn and go further in the direction you want. In that way, it isn’t really failure at all, it’s a learning experience – or as Dr Richard Bandler puts it – it’s feedback.
Remember, failure isn’t an endpoint. You dust yourself off, learn from it, and go for it.
That’s the secret of the most successful people!
Till next time!
CEO, The Best You
- The Best You: A Better World - September 25, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - July 12, 2017
- The Journey - June 1, 2017
- Editor’s Letter - April 27, 2017
- So Much Change by Bernardo Moya - November 18, 2016
- The Right Reasons by Bernardo Moya - September 24, 2016
- Two sides to a story by Bernardo Moya - July 20, 2016
- The revolution begins here – The Oola Guys by Bernardo Moya - July 18, 2016
- Son of an Immigrant by Bernardo Moya - June 23, 2016
- Where Will You Go? by Bernardo Moya - June 6, 2016