Happy New Year! Can you believe it’s already 2014? It feels like just yesterday we were ringing in 2013, and now it’s a year later. Hope you enjoy this issue as we think it’s really great. And we hope it makes you forget, even if it’s just for a little while, that the winds are chilly and the rain is pelting down.
We at The Best You were sad to hear that the great Nelson Mandela passed away on the evening of 5 December 2013 at his home in Johannesburg. That is why we are dedicating this issue to him, and to all the great things he accomplished during his life, by making him January’s cover star. We also feature Bryan Mayne who made his way onto the map with the invention of Goal-Mapping. We were surprised to hear that he was a member of a travelling circus and only learned to read late in life.
With the start of a new year, we have loads of features about resolutions. Stephen Russell, who is better known as The Barefoot Doctor, says it’s about creating new habits, while Dr. John Demartini gives us some top tips to stick to what you say. And Dr. Rita Rakus tells us about treatments to make 2014 your best looking year yet.
Street art and graffiti has become much more socially acceptable than it was a few decades ago. Artists like Banksy are making big bucks with their work, so graffiti artist Rustum Carelse gives us an artist’s perspective on why they do what they do.
Perhaps one of your New Year’s resolutions is to do something scary, so we’ve dedicated our whole Bucket List column to extreme sports. From sky-diving to glacier hiking, we let you know what there is to do and where the best place is to do it.
All this and so much more!
All contributors include: David R. Hawkins, Stephen Russell, Pam Grout, Rustum Carelse, Sara Davison, Rita Rakus, T. Harv Eker, Stefanie Hartman, Gerry Robert, Vishal Khandelwal, John Demartini and Zane Henry
- Five Free Tips to Living a Life Without Limits - March 27, 2019
- September – October 2018 - October 15, 2018
- What’s new - October 15, 2018
- The power of saying ‘enough’ - October 15, 2018
- The Great Elephant Walk - October 15, 2018
- Meghan Markle - October 15, 2018
- A Gratitude Attitude - October 15, 2018
- How Do We Break Out of The Doom-and-gloom Cocoon and See More of What’s Right in Life? - October 15, 2018
- Sole searching - October 15, 2018
- Book Club - October 15, 2018