How do you go about setting a REAL goal? Peter Thomson investigates.
You and I are interested in personal development – so we’ve been exposed to the idea of goal setting many times in our lives. Here’s a slightly different way to think about the everyday goals you set for yourself.
- He is valued as a person as well as for the skills he brings to the business.
- He will know that the action in question is unacceptable
- He will be aware of the consequences to himself, to the team and the company of that action.
- I will ask him to avoid that action in the future.
- I will confirm my belief in him.
- I will confirm with a handshake the fact that Bill has accepted that he has to take different actions in the future.
- During the conversation I will focus my attention on Bill’s well being and create a positive environment without recriminations. Clearly focusing on what’s happened, not on who did it.
- During the conversation I will remember that Bill has a choice regarding his employment with the company.
- I will enjoy the communication process and listen intently to everything I say and everything Bill has to say.
- At the end of the conversation I will take a further 10 minutes and write an appraisal of my experience of the meeting and establish what I have learned. I will examine the words I have used, the manner in which I delivered those words and the body language I used. I will examine the words that Bill used, the manner in which he used those words and the body language he used.
- In order to access my memory of the events, I will take notes throughout the meeting and start my own appraisal with a focused self-question on paper, which says ‘What did I learn from this experience?’
To find out more about how our trainings can help your business and personal life.
- The Best You Legacy Club – New Business In A Box Opportunity Will Boost Entrepreneurs. - September 6, 2018
- The Best You Online – Personal Development Video Site Features Top Names To Improve Your Life. - August 31, 2018
- March – April 2018 - March 21, 2018
- WOW! WHAT A WEEKEND! - March 21, 2018
- March for Giants - March 21, 2018
- Good News - March 21, 2018
- Being Bulletproof - March 21, 2018
- Compassion and Capitalism - March 21, 2018
- The American Way - March 21, 2018
- Book Club - March 21, 2018