Matthew Wingett discusses the skills a person needs to keep their job, and the skills an employer needs to hire the best person available, and how to get those skills through NLP.
A sad chapter came to a close in the last few days. It was something I had been watching at one remove for a little while, and had been kept up to date with through the reports of a friend of mine who worked at the government agency where the story unfolded.
The prescription that we would give for him, or anyone struggling in his way is as follows:
- The first major skill that he needs to learn is state control. When he starts to learn how to get hold of that “down” state that he projects so often and which “sucks the life” out of the people he works with, then there is a chance that others will start to enjoy his company.
- Next comes the question of communication skills. He needs to learn to use his new state to speak more effectively with others.
- After that, comes learning how to ask the right questions so that he is getting the best out of his team – and asking those questions of himself, too.
- Another element to add to the mix is sensory acuity: how to really pay attention to others so that he gets a sense of how they are doing in their lives – and in the conversation they are in right now. That way at least he might have an inkling when he is giving others “the creeps”.
- There is also something else. One of his meta-programs seemed to be pretty much internally pointed. He needs to start referring to what is going on around him to draw information from the world. His approach to the world appeared theoretical and to be drawn from books. That’s all well and good – but then you need to watch what is going on in response to your behaviour, rather than just doing what the book tells you to do.
To find out more about how our trainings can help your business, click here, now.
- The Best You: A Better World - September 25, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - July 12, 2017
- The Journey - June 1, 2017
- Editor’s Letter - April 27, 2017
- So Much Change by Bernardo Moya - November 18, 2016
- The Right Reasons by Bernardo Moya - September 24, 2016
- Two sides to a story by Bernardo Moya - July 20, 2016
- The revolution begins here – The Oola Guys by Bernardo Moya - July 18, 2016
- Son of an Immigrant by Bernardo Moya - June 23, 2016
- Where Will You Go? by Bernardo Moya - June 6, 2016