When Jeffery Ragsdale split up with his partner, he found himself isolated and lonely in New York City.
He wanted to talk to, but found it difficult to meet people.
So he put up a flyer around New York inviting people to talk to “A Lonely Guy”.
“Within a week it went viral,” Ragsdale recalls. “It was like, thousands of calls, and people calling from all over the world. And after a month I thought, ‘I’ve got all these people calling and all these amazing people’. So I decided to start saving the texts I was getting.”
Ragsdale knew a writer, and after a few months he sent the material to him.
They put a book together, which tells of the amazing charity and kindness of strangers.
Jeff says: “The reaction to my flyer was amazing. It became like a confessional booth, a relationship counsellor, a sex counsellor. I had prisoners calling me – the irony being that they were consoling me, when some of them were doing life.”
The thing that Jeff says about the whole experience is this:
“I learned that people do care. I’ve gone out on dates through this – I’ve met probably 20 people I talk to on a regular basis, now. Out of the thousands of people, there are certain people you connect with instantly.”
Jeff says that he has learned valuable lessons about life from all these people. One of them is about forgiveness. “You have to be able to forgive everyone in your life because it frees up energy. And basically when people call me up and say they’re lonely I tell them you have to reach out, to get out there in order to fulfill yourself. It’s absolutely true!”
Remember, you don’t have to be alone – there are billions of people you can share your day with!
Bye for now!
Bernardo Moya, CEO
The Best You
PS. Please share If this has inspired you or could inspire others.
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019
- 10 Game-Changing Business Lessons From Motivational Books - May 9, 2019
- How resilience is one of the most important skills you can master for a happier life (and it is SO easily learned) - April 5, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - October 15, 2018
- Welcome to The Best You magazine - March 21, 2018
- The Best You A Better World - November 30, 2017
- Improving mental health in the workplace - November 30, 2017