Peter Thomson discovers the ways that beliefs shape our worlds.
These days the majority of people use a computer and they’re careful about the programs they install. Perhaps a more important piece of equipment is our ‘necktop’ computer and the ‘programs’ we install in there are critical to our success.
If you and I asked a friend to take a few seconds at the start of the week and program their minds that they were going to catch an incurable disease! They’d said “No way!”
If we asked them why they wouldn’t do that, they’d probably respond with “Well I don’t want to catch an incurable disease”
By their reply they are acknowledging the fact that there’s a chance that what they ‘say’ might produce a result in alignment with those words – true!
And yet, if we asked them to start the week by saying “I’m going to have a brilliant week” or “I feel happy, healthy and I’m focused on achieving my goals” (or some similar positive program) they’d probably reply with “That’s silly or hype or too ‘new age’ for me”
Strange isn’t it!
If the ‘negative program might work – then why not the positive one!
Be careful what you say – it will be the way!
Having been fascinated by the effect of our mental programs and the results they create – I created a process to capture this idea. It’s called the W.E.A.L.T.H.Y. process.
The WORDS we say ENCODE our belief patterns, which in turn create our ATTITUDE. This gives us the LEVERAGE of away and towards motivations, which ensures we TAKE ACTION and thereby HAVE A RESULT. The ‘Y’ of course stands for YOU!
As a keen golfer I’m happily surprised when my playing partners tell me that they’re not putting well at the moment – and sure enough their attempts on the first few greens prove that their program is working.
Listen to the ‘program’ of someone who hates public speaking: “I get really nervous when I have to stand and speak in public”
Sure enough – their mind responds to their suggestion and the nerves kick in! Sometimes even hours or days before that ‘dreaded’ event.
Didn’t Earl Nightingale say it brilliantly when, on his million-seller ‘Lead The Field’, he stated, “We become what we think about”. Earl said this was the ‘secret of success’ that had taken him 17 years of research to find.
Every philosophy, every religion, every speaker – has their own way of putting forward this message.
My simply version is: “What you say – will be the way”
Be careful what you say – who knows – it might just be the way!
- The New Three R’s – the building blocks of success - October 31, 2020
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019