Out with the old, in with the new?
I’m not sure how is it is for you, but for me the years seem to go by faster and faster. New Year is a great time for reflection, and I would encourage you to consider how much your life has changed during the last year. Are you in control of how your life changes, or are external circumstances or other people planning your life for you? The fact is that we are often resistant to change, and we fail to realise that change itself is constant, necessary and altogether good! Life, like water, needs to flow.
Someone once said: “If you do not create change, change will create you.” It’s a great statement that reminds us that we are in charge of our own destiny and if we fail to take the helm, we are easily thrown around by life’s forces.
While we must be proactive in seeking our goals, we also need to be flexible and adapt as circumstances unfold. Sometimes we gain insight when the plan unravels, and tough times certainly make us stronger. Stephen Covey encapsulated this thought when he remarked: “Just as
we develop our physical muscles through overcoming
opposition – such as lifting weights – we develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and adversity.”
Regardless of how straight or tangled our path becomes, change brings progress and new beginnings. Eric Hoffer said: “In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future. The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in a world that no longer exists.”
This issue, we have plenty of fantastic experts to offer advice and insight to help us succeed in 2015. From weight loss and eating more healthily to businesssuccess, there are inspiring stories and practical tips to help us stick to our New Year’s resolutions. We talk with Ben Affleck, whose tenacious attitude to life overcame difficult times, and producer John Robinson who switched career to follow his passion for music.
Next time things change and you are either frustrated or apprehensive; consider that this could be the start of a great opportunity. Embrace change and be pro-active. Don’t let change creep up on you, invite him in.
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019
- 10 Game-Changing Business Lessons From Motivational Books - May 9, 2019
- How resilience is one of the most important skills you can master for a happier life (and it is SO easily learned) - April 5, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - October 15, 2018