If ever you’ve wanted to exercise but thought it was too late to start, the story of Ernestine Shepherd is an inspiration.
At 75 years old, Ernestine is the world’s oldest competitive female bodybuilder. She has the physique and attitude that would put people half her age to shame. So what’s her secret?
“If ever there were an anti-ageing pill, I would call it exercise,” she says. “The truth is, age is nothing but a number.”
Ernestine began bodybuilding when she was 71. Before then, she says she was never athletic because she was “too prissy”.
Things changed after two life-changing events. Firstly, in her 50s she and her sister were invited to a picnic and to wear swimsuits. Seeing how they looked, both sisters agreed they needed to exercise. But before they could, her sister died of a brain aneurysm.
Later, Ernestine recalls, her sister visited her in a dream and told her off for “not doing what we agreed”.
It was then that she started on her track to becoming a bodybuilding legend.
At the age of 75, she starts her day at 2.30 with a group run for 10 miles.
It’s an amazing story from an unstoppable lady.
As for her big secret – the rest of her day is spent following her great idea to inspire others by “teaching health, happiness and prosperity”. As she puts it: “That’s the formula”.
Remember, it’s never too late to start doing what you want to do!
CEO The Best You
PS. Please share If this has inspired you or could inspire others.
- The New Three R’s – the building blocks of success - October 31, 2020
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019