Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People helps children and families in these situations with the emotional and physical challenges they face, helping them to make the most of life.
Families and staff at Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People want to thank kind-hearted donors who have honoured the memory of Susan Taylor by contributing to the charity.
Susan Taylor (34) died while she was taking part in her createaripple.co.uk challenge for Rainbows Hospice and Diabetes UK. She tragically died on Sunday in Boulogne after she collapsed on the final part of the challenge.
Susan had been an Ambassador at Rainbows Hospice, in Loughborough, Leicestershire, for over two years. During that time she has tirelessly fundraised, helped out at events and raised awareness of the hospice, which provides care for children and young people with life-limiting illnesses.
Susan even took time out of her career as an accountant to devote more efforts to her charity work and her training for her channel swim.
When Susan embarked on her challenge on Sunday 14 July, contributions on her Virgin Money page stood at £2,700. By Wednesday 17 July, donations had rocketed to almost £57,000. Rainbows has also been advised to expect a generous gift of £150,000 from an anonymous donor in the next few days. Susan’s family are very touched by people’s thoughtfulness and kind sentiments.
Geoff Ellis, chief executive at Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People, said:
“Susan was extremely passionate about Rainbows and over the past two years she has done so many wonderful things to support us. Nothing was ever too much trouble and she was totally dedicated to fundraising for the hospice. On behalf of Rainbows, I would like to thank everyone who has honoured Susan’s memory by making a donation. The generosity of those who knew Susan, and those who didn’t, is incredible and we are very moved by everyone’s kindness.”
- Apps that do good - November 13, 2019
- Smashing the glass ceiling - November 13, 2019
- Are you on the brink of burnout? - November 13, 2019
- Is It Time For A Fitness Overhaul? - November 13, 2019
- The Best You Legacy Club - November 13, 2019
- Meet the people getting Britain moving - November 13, 2019
- BECOMING THE BEST ME - November 12, 2019
- Book Club - November 12, 2019
- The Power of Perseverance - November 12, 2019
- Brian Rose: Lighting The Path to Success - November 12, 2019