Three Ways To Turn Failure into Success – Napoleon Hill
Napoleon Hill made a study of the world’s most successful people.
Something he noticed was they never experienced “Failure”.
If something didn’t work for them, they learned from the experience and moved on.
“Failure” was never the end of the process, but a step towards success.
Here are three common attitudes of successful people to failure:
1) Failure is a blessing when it pushes us out of a cushioned seat of self-satisfaction and forces us to do something useful. Study your own life and the achievers you admire and you will discover great opportunities often occurred during adversity. When faced with failure, we are more willing to deal with radical change and take the risks that lead to great success. You can capitalize on the opportunities adversity brings.
2) Failure seems to be nature’s plan for preparing us for great responsibilities. If everything in life were easy and came out exactly as planned, how little we would learn, how boring life would be, and how arrogant we would become! Failure allows us to develop humility. Failure is not easy to accept philosophically, knowing it is one of life’s great learning experiences. But remember, that’s what it is. Be certain that when you are being most extremely tested, you are being prepared for great achievement.
3) Your failure may prove to be an asset, provided you know why you failed. Insight can result from spectacular failure. At the moment of truth, extract the useful lessons you can use and then put the episode behind you. Learn from your failures, forget about them, and move on to do better things.
Personally, I see failure as the doorstep to success. It’s an opportunity to learn and go further in the direction you want. In that way, it isn’t really failure at all, it’s a learning experience – or as Dr Richard Bandler puts it – it’s feedback.
Remember, failure isn’t an endpoint. You dust yourself off, learn from it, and go for it.
That’s the secret of the most successful people!
Till next time!
CEO, The Best You
- The New Three R’s – the building blocks of success - October 31, 2020
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019