Laikipia, Kenya | 7-11 December 2018
An adventure in an ancient landscape, to guard elephants from modern threats
This is a landscape of elephants and of nomads. For millennia, Kenya’s northern tribes and elephants crossed these vast wildernesses. Now, you have the opportunity to walk those same faint paths.
As a team, trek one of Africa’s great elephant corridors guided by warriors, rangers,
and conservationists. Slow down, disconnect, and share new experiences in ancient landscapes. Eat by campfires beneath endless starry skies.
Sleep deeply under canvas, lulled by the sounds of timeless nature.
And do all this for a purpose: to help protect forever the very landscape you are walking, and the elephants who walk it too.
This adventure is a unique opportunity to do something different whilst making a measurable contribution to ensuring elephants are protected everywhere in Africa that Space for Giants works.
Including the 7,000 elephants that roam the landscape you will be walking across.
Space for Giants works to secure a future for elephants and their landscapes, forever.
We protect elephants with robust frontline units, strong court prosecutions, and by helping increasing human populations to coexist with wildlife. We also demonstrate the value that conservation can bring, to people, governments, and ecosystems.
4 nights, 10 miles a day
Trek through remote and rarely visited landscapes in north central Kenya.
10 teams Up to 10 people per team
Each walking their own route, meeting up with different groups each evening.
Mobile camp at Ol Pejeta Conservancy, experience interactive conservation
demonstrations, whilst exploring this wildlife haven.
DAYS 2 & 3:
An authentic camel safari – there is no better way to become truly immersed in nature than to walk in this great wilderness.
Dinner will be freshly cooked in an improvised bush kitchen with local ingredients.
Arrive to your mobile camp at Loisaba Conservancy, the final destination of the Great Elephant Walk. As night falls, enjoy sundowners in camp and
jump into your party gear for dinner and dancing with the rest of the Great Elephant Walk teams. Celebrate the completion of this extraordinary journey.
Our goal is to raise funds for conservation, supporting wildlife
protection in the landscape you will be walking through. Each
individual should aim to raise $10,000 for these integrated activities.
It costs $3,750 per person to join the walk, this includes:
- 4 nights rustic accommodation (2 pax sharing)
- All meals and drinks
- All conservancy fees
- Road transfer from Nairobi to Ol Pejeta Conservancy
- Flight from Loisaba to Nairobi
- Local emergency medical evacuation
- Meet and greet at Nairobi Airport
- Upgrade options including single and luxury occupancy
available at an additional cost
If you would like to extend your safari before or after the Great Elephant Walk please do get in touch.
For more information please contact:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
+254 (0)722 563 792 or +254 (0)20 800 2975
Terms and conditions will be sent through before confirmation, including cancellation dates and fees.
- Five Free Tips to Living a Life Without Limits - March 27, 2019
- September – October 2018 - October 15, 2018
- The power of saying ‘enough’ - October 15, 2018
- What’s new - October 15, 2018
- A Gratitude Attitude - October 15, 2018
- Meghan Markle - October 15, 2018
- Warren Buffett Life Lessons - October 15, 2018
- Book Club - October 15, 2018
- Sole searching - October 15, 2018
- How Do We Break Out of The Doom-and-gloom Cocoon and See More of What’s Right in Life? - October 15, 2018