The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Games took place from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd March 2014, and this year, for the ﬁrst time ever, the great British public could make every mile count by running, swimming or cycling their way to raising money.
It shaped up to be an unmissable weekend with events taking place around the country and at the magniﬁcent Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. The public warmed themselves up to walk, jog or run one, three or six miles at events around the country.
Sainsbury’s are at the heart of Sport Relief again this year, helping to put on the ﬁrst ever Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Games and selling the oﬃcial Sport Relief goodies. Their employees are going all out for us too with some fantastic fundraising to raise even more life-changing cash. We can’t thank Sainsbury’s enough.
People took the plunge across the UK and swam 1.5km, 2.5km or 5km at Swimathon pools. Others got on their bikes and cycled 3, 25 or 50 miles in London, Manchester and Glasgow.
There was fun and games all over the box too this Sport Relief, with an amazing line up of top-notch TV. The BBC treated the nation to a super special night of Sport Relief TV including an Only Fools and Horses sketch and a Strictly Come Dancing special. Gary Lineker, Gabby Logan, Claudia Winkleman, Jack Whitehall and Clare Balding joined other top presenters to host a star-studded show packed full of fun.
Davina McCall went the extra mile in Beyond Breaking Point on BBC One. She ran, swam and cycled across the UK – all in the name of Sport Relief. Songs of Praise marked this year’s Sport Relief with a special edition featuring some well-known faces. Also, on Sunday 23rd March, Alex Jones and Matt Baker presented highlights of the country’s ﬁrst ever Sport Relief Games, live from Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
For more information, check out: sportrelief.com
- Apps that do good - November 13, 2019
- Smashing the glass ceiling - November 13, 2019
- Are you on the brink of burnout? - November 13, 2019
- Is It Time For A Fitness Overhaul? - November 13, 2019
- The Best You Legacy Club - November 13, 2019
- Meet the people getting Britain moving - November 13, 2019
- BECOMING THE BEST ME - November 12, 2019
- Book Club - November 12, 2019
- The Power of Perseverance - November 12, 2019
- Brian Rose: Lighting The Path to Success - November 12, 2019