Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) is an international centre of excellence in child healthcare.
Together with our research partner, the UCL Institute of Child Health (ICH), we form the UK’s only academic biomedical research centre specialising in paediatrics.
Since its formation in 1852, the hospital has been dedicated to children’s healthcare and to finding new and better ways to treat childhood illnesses.
In 1852, Great Ormond Street Hospital opened with just 10 beds, and was the first hospital in the UK to offer dedicated inpatient care to children.
Since then the hospital has had a fascinating 160-year history. From world firsts in surgery and state-of-the-art buildings to pioneering research and celebrity support, there have been so many fantastic highlights highlights and so many wonderful people who have made them happen.
Each year, there are over 220,000 patient visits to the hospital. Most of the children we care for are referred from other hospitals throughout the UK and overseas. There are more than 50 different clinical specialties at GOSH.
Finding new and better treatments and cures for childhood illnesses has always been central to our work.
GOSH is also at the forefront of paediatric training in the UK. We train more children’s nurses than any other hospital. We also play a leading role in training paediatric doctors.
Our mission is to provide world-class clinical care and training, pioneering new research and treatments in partnership with others for the benefit of children in the UK and worldwide.
In everything we do, we work hard to live up to our three core values: pioneering, world-class and collaborative.
If you would like to help the Great Ormond Street Hospital help even more people, please donate by visiting http://www.gosh.org
- Five Free Tips to Living a Life Without Limits - March 27, 2019
- September – October 2018 - October 15, 2018
- The power of saying ‘enough’ - October 15, 2018
- What’s new - October 15, 2018
- A Gratitude Attitude - October 15, 2018
- Meghan Markle - October 15, 2018
- Warren Buffett Life Lessons - October 15, 2018
- Book Club - October 15, 2018
- Sole searching - October 15, 2018
- How Do We Break Out of The Doom-and-gloom Cocoon and See More of What’s Right in Life? - October 15, 2018