Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) is an international centre of excellence in child healthcare.
Together with our research partner, the UCL Institute of Child Health (ICH), we form the UK’s only academic biomedical research centre specialising in paediatrics.
Since its formation in 1852, the hospital has been dedicated to children’s healthcare and to finding new and better ways to treat childhood illnesses.
In 1852, Great Ormond Street Hospital opened with just 10 beds, and was the first hospital in the UK to offer dedicated inpatient care to children.
Since then the hospital has had a fascinating 160-year history. From world firsts in surgery and state-of-the-art buildings to pioneering research and celebrity support, there have been so many fantastic highlights highlights and so many wonderful people who have made them happen.
Each year, there are over 220,000 patient visits to the hospital. Most of the children we care for are referred from other hospitals throughout the UK and overseas. There are more than 50 different clinical specialties at GOSH.
Finding new and better treatments and cures for childhood illnesses has always been central to our work.
GOSH is also at the forefront of paediatric training in the UK. We train more children’s nurses than any other hospital. We also play a leading role in training paediatric doctors.
Our mission is to provide world-class clinical care and training, pioneering new research and treatments in partnership with others for the benefit of children in the UK and worldwide.
In everything we do, we work hard to live up to our three core values: pioneering, world-class and collaborative.
If you would like to help the Great Ormond Street Hospital help even more people, please donate by visiting http://www.gosh.org
- April 2021 - April 9, 2021
- Apps that do good - November 13, 2019
- Smashing the glass ceiling - November 13, 2019
- Are you on the brink of burnout? - November 13, 2019
- Is It Time For A Fitness Overhaul? - November 13, 2019
- The Best You Legacy Club - November 13, 2019
- Meet the people getting Britain moving - November 13, 2019
- BECOMING THE BEST ME - November 12, 2019
- Book Club - November 12, 2019
- The Power of Perseverance - November 12, 2019