Diabetes UK is there to make life better for people with diabetes or at high risk of developing the condition.
Diabetes UK provides information and support to help people manage their diabetes. They are one of the largest funders of diabetes research in the UK and also work alongside the NHS to ensure people get good quality healthcare.
As a charity almost entirely dependent on donations, they rely on their 300,000 supporters and 300 voluntary groups, as well as their army of 5,000 volunteers and their donations, time, enthusiasm and dedication are the bedrock of the important work and research that they do.
For every pound you raise for them, they put 90p into our research, services and campaigns. They use the remaining 10p to raise the next £1. But what can the money you raise for us help them to achieve?
- £5 can pay for a child to talk to a healthcare professional for 30 minutes at a Diabetes UK event.
- £50 can help to fund research into ways of preventing diabetes related complications.
- £250 can pay for someone living with diabetes to go on a Family Support Weekend.
So how can you get involved with Diabetes UK and help them raise vital funds? There are many ways you can help raise vital funds and awareness, so Diabetes UK can improve the lives of people with diabetes or at risk of developing it and work towards a future without diabetes. If you’re looking for an organised event, then you can chose from running, walking, trekking, swimming, cycling or even take part in a sky dive. They can also support you if you’d like to organise your own challenge or event. For more information go to www.diabetes.org.uk/get_involved/raising_funds
They are proud to be Bupa’s nominated charity for the Bupa Great Run Series, so whether you are looking for a 5K or a full marathon, there’s a distance for everyone.
You could also become a member. The members are at the heart of what they do. They support each other and share their experiences. The generosity of their members also enables them to fund essential care, services and research to help improve the lives of everyone affected by diabetes. They want as many people as possible to receive the benefits of membership, and need as many people as possible to support their work – and you can join for as little as £1.50 each month. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gifts in wills are incredibly important to Diabetes UK. Every year they raise over third of their total income through legacies. This has made a huge impact on the lives of many people living with both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. Some people chose to leave a gift in their will and take comfort that their gift will help ensure a better future for people who have diabetes and their families.
- Apps that do good - November 13, 2019
- Smashing the glass ceiling - November 13, 2019
- Are you on the brink of burnout? - November 13, 2019
- Is It Time For A Fitness Overhaul? - November 13, 2019
- The Best You Legacy Club - November 13, 2019
- Meet the people getting Britain moving - November 13, 2019
- BECOMING THE BEST ME - November 12, 2019
- Book Club - November 12, 2019
- The Power of Perseverance - November 12, 2019
- Brian Rose: Lighting The Path to Success - November 12, 2019