We often think we have hardships in life but the example of Nick Vujicic is a
great inspiration for anyone who thinks life is tough.
The Australian was born in 1982 with a rare birth defect that meant he has no arms or legs, one toeless foot and only two toes on the other.
Not surprisingly, Nick struggled with his life as a child. He was bullied and by the age of eight was contemplating suicide.
For Nick, a big change came when his mother showed him a newspaper story about a man living with a severe disability.
Nick realized he wasn’t unique in his struggles and began to embrace who he was.
He learned to write using a special grip designed for his two toes and he learned to use a computer and type. Nick even learned to throw tennis balls, play a drum pedal, get himself a glass of water, comb his hair, brush his teeth, answer the phone and shave.
As he grew older, he was elected captain of his school and began working on fundraising events for local charities and disability campaigns.
By age 17, Nick was giving talks at his prayer group. He soon began a non-profit organization, Life Without Limbs, and now gives motivational talks and raises money to help disabled people across the globe.
We all have challenges in life. It’s how you deal with it and the tools you use that make all the difference. For Nick, faith, love, gratitude and an amazing attitude to life has turned a story that could have been one of weakness and disempowerment into one of deep inspiration.
Think on those lessons. It’s something we all can learn from!
Bye for now! Best wishes,
CEO The Best You
PS. Please share If this has inspired you or could inspire others.
- The New Three R’s – the building blocks of success - October 31, 2020
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019