Without looking away from this screen, can you recall the new year – new you resolutions and goals which you set at the start of this year?
If the answer is ‘No’, then for how much longer and for how many more years, will you use a method that doesn’t, on its own help you to grow and become all you can be? It’s virtually impossible to be impacted by something that we can’t even remember!
[If your answer is ‘Yes’ ask yourself ‘Am I happy?’, because both experience and research shows that most people around the world do not achieve most of their goals, most of the time. Setting long-term goals, on their own, can do damage to our success and happiness. There’s something missing!]
NEW YEAR – NEW YOU. REALLY?
How many times have you heard the saying new year – new you, and how many times have you said it? It’s the middle of February and most people that I have asked so far cannot recall their new-year resolutions. It’s the same every year.
Maybe you set a goal to lose weight or to save some money, only to find once more you set yourself up for failure.
Some people will set resolutions every year, all of their lives; yet not keep any of them. Others will set goals all of their lives and achieve little or none of them. You may want to pause right now and consider this practice. How can the methodology that you may have used every year for decades, still not be serving and supporting you? There has remained for many years a gap between an individual and the achievement of their goals. For over a century we have not witnessed anything bridge the gap between ourselves and our goals, until now. THE STANDARDS REVOLUTION™ Maybe this year you use a different approach, maybe this year you utilise an approach that keeps you really focused. This year use an approach that keeps you at your best on a daily basis by setting and living by high Daily Standards™, set from within. Because it is what we do each day that creates our legacy. A Standard is a Basis, Criteria, Level, Quality, or Rule, for our lives, which we set from within and commit to just for today. Should God give us another day, then we recommit to our Standards just for that new day and then just one day at a time, as we are given life. That’s it. More goals won’t give us the happiness and success that we desire (the world has already proved that), because goals by definition are future based, whilst happiness and Standards are a NOW experience! The missing-link is, Daily Standards™. This is the ‘bridge’ between you and your goals. This is how we create legacy, wealth, prosperity and happiness now. ‘Happiness is a now experience. We cannot be happy tomorrow’.
YOUR PERFECT LIFE – There are seven key areas of our lives in which we can begin immediately, today, to set new Life Standards:
1. Personal Health & Fitness
2. Environment – (What surrounds us affects us. What is within us affects us)
6. Career or Job
7. Time (How we live – not how long we live; how we serve and use our time on earth)
How do we Set new Standards to give us the success and happiness we dream of?
We undertake a *Standards Five-Step Re-frame. The 5 steps are:
1. Review your existing Standards in the key area of your life. What was the source of those Standards?
2. Realise what Standards are honouring and serving you. Also consider what Standards help you to honour and serve others? Which ones are harming others or the person that you now are?
3. Release the Standards that are harming you the most (there are many healthy and congruent ways to do this);
4. Reset new Standards that honour and serve the person you are today and which allow you to honour and serve others;
5. Re-commit today and then daily to your new Standards.
‘When we live by Standards set from within, we become happy and successful TODAY!’
‘Daily Standards‘. If you have no goals, simply set and live by Daily Standards.
SUCCESS AND HAPPINESS True success and happiness, is created by thinking and living by Daily Standards. When we do this, we wake up and find ourselves more powerful than we previously dared to dream. We discover parts of ourselves we didn’t know, our gifts and talents begin to pour out in a way that they never have before, and we get to make a positive difference not just to our immediate surroundings, but to the broader world at large.
- April 2021 - April 9, 2021
- Apps that do good - November 13, 2019
- Smashing the glass ceiling - November 13, 2019
- Are you on the brink of burnout? - November 13, 2019
- Is It Time For A Fitness Overhaul? - November 13, 2019
- The Best You Legacy Club - November 13, 2019
- Meet the people getting Britain moving - November 13, 2019
- BECOMING THE BEST ME - November 12, 2019
- Book Club - November 12, 2019
- The Power of Perseverance - November 12, 2019