Born into the care of a Michigan-based autoworker father in 1958, Madonna experienced tragedy early in life, losing her mother to breast cancer when she was five years old. Greatly affected by her mother’s death, Madonna has said that the difference between her and other disoriented youths was that she cared more about focusing her energy into reaching a goal, rather than being self-destructive. Throughout high school, she was a model student in the classroom.
However she was a bit more adventurous outside of school, behaving wildly to gain attention. After a stint in college on a dance scholarship, Madonna left, having more specific designs for her career in mind. A subsequent string of dangerous-but-productive years in New York City as a backup dancer and band member led to marketing herself as a solo artist. Impressing music industry executives early on, she released her selftitled album. It produced three hit singles and laid the foundation for her polished pop sound.
Over time she began to introduce more and more of her rebellious style into the music, which turned Madonna into a worldwide style and music icon, with the songs to back it all up. With more than 300m albums sold and counting, Madonna is still creating ultra-successful music. She defied tragedy and hardship to work her way to being one of the most successful musicians of all time, and has managed to maintain that worldwide acclaim and appeal for decades.
“Madonna exemplifies why pursuing your goal, along with grit and determination, has the power to unleash amazing results,” – Bernardo Moya
- The New Three R’s – the building blocks of success - October 31, 2020
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019