2012 is going to be a fascinating year.
Here in London, we’re geared up for the Olympics this summer.
It’s going to be a time when the rewards of dedication, planning and no doubt a little bit of luck, will combine together to produce champions.
It’s a lesson we can all learn from. In an interview Dr Richard Bandler had with Olympic gold medallist this year to model his skills, he made a fascinating observation. Dr Bandler said that the skills sprinter Iwan Thomas had developed to make him a winner in sport could be used to make him a winner in other parts of life too.
The attitude, the mental skills, the planning and the dedication were the key ingredients to his success – and those skills are transferable.
For everyone, it’s a useful lesson: Iwan wasn’t only given amazing talents by nature, or God or fate – but he also worked on them and perfected his athletic skills.
As we go into 2012, with what might be an eventful year both on and off the track, it’s important now to take an inventory of your skills.
What are you good at? What do you really excel at? Where could you do with help to improve? How will you go about getting that help? When are you going to start?
These questions are the keys to Personal Development that will help us start to plan great things for 2012 and the years that come after.
For now, as 2011 closes and 2012 begins, I want to wish that whatever the challenges and tests of the coming year, you find the “Gold Within Yourself” to really go for it and make the opportunites happen.
Best wishes from everyone at The Best You Can Be.
Here’s to a fruitful 2012.
Happy New Year, one and all!
CEO, The Best You
- The New Three R’s – the building blocks of success - October 31, 2020
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019