There are many who think that Jane Austen would have been a fan of some of the better romantic comedies and dramedies of today. Born in the time of the Industrial Revolution in 1775, Jane Austen hailed from the ‘lower part of the upper crust.’ A devoted writer early on, Jane studied as an apprentice from her teens well into adulthood. She probed at several different forms of literary expression before she hit her stride, developing a stylistic voice in prose that was unique for the time and all her own. Into adulthood, Jane’s brother (who served as her literary agent) had a broad social circle that consisted of actors publishers, merchants and actors, which influenced her craft. Her most famous works are household names: Pride and Prejudice, Emma and Sense and Sensibility.
Her work never gained her great fame or fortune during her lifetime, as she published anonymously. It was with a memoir written by her nephew that her posthumous rise to fame began. Indeed, her writing is imbued with such a wry wit and subtle, biting social edge for her time period that it makes excellent sense that Jane Austen’s work is so embraced by modern audiences the world over.
“There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.”
“Jane Austen was a women ahead of her time. Despite the fact that she was not appreciated at the time, her works enjoy a longevity her peers could only dream of.” – Bernardo Moya
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019
- 10 Game-Changing Business Lessons From Motivational Books - May 9, 2019