In 1997, at the age of 33, I developed ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and could no longer work as a secondary school teacher.
At this time there was no treatment for the condition and it was known as ‘yuppie flu’. Few doctors recognised it as a valid medical condition and many were of the opinion that it was a “skiver’s charter”. Prior to this illness I had never had time off work that required a sick note, yet here I was struggling to walk, some days unable to get out of bed and no end in sight – it was a bleak and worrying time for me. One doctor actually told me to get back to work and get on with it!
Whilst recovering from pneumonia, an ex-colleague contacted me and suggested I try a session of Reiki. She had recently learnt Reiki, found it to be very benefi cial and thought I might benefi t from it.
I had one session of Reiki and was so amazed by what I experienced and how it made me feel that I quickly decided to learn it for myself so that I could self heal and, I hoped, get better. Surprise…it worked! Happily, it did just what I hoped and in an amazingly short space of time I regained my strength, stamina, health and happiness.
I will always be grateful to Reiki as it gave me back my life.
To give thanks for this I decided to train as a Reiki practitioner and spread the word about Reiki by sharing it with other people. I was guided to train to Master Teacher level and I love not only giving Reiki treatments to people but also teaching them to use this wonderful energy for themselves and others. I have now taught Reiki to people from all over the British Isles as well as to those who have travelled from all over the world. There’s no doubt it changed my life!
We want your stories The Best You is all about inspiring people.
If you have a tale to tell that you think will help someone become the best they can be, please tell us. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apps that do good - November 13, 2019
- Smashing the glass ceiling - November 13, 2019
- Are you on the brink of burnout? - November 13, 2019
- Is It Time For A Fitness Overhaul? - November 13, 2019
- The Best You Legacy Club - November 13, 2019
- Meet the people getting Britain moving - November 13, 2019
- BECOMING THE BEST ME - November 12, 2019
- Book Club - November 12, 2019
- The Power of Perseverance - November 12, 2019
- Brian Rose: Lighting The Path to Success - November 12, 2019