Bringing you positive stories from around the globe
Rotterdam-based Studio Roosegaarde has created the world’s largest smog vacuum cleaner that creates bubbles of clean air and turns them into jewellery. Dutch designer Daan Roosegaarde and his team of experts made The Smog Free Tower using patented ion technology to produce smog-free air in public space. The jewellery range created as a by-products includes Smog Free Rings, Smog Free Cubes and Smog Free Cufflinks, all made of compressed smog particles and available to buy via [email protected].
Stackable sports pitches make use of unused urban space
Architecture firm AL_A unveiled its Pitch/Pitch concept that uses modular carbon fibre structures to create multiple sports fields in tiny urban spaces. The clear sided structures provide views for passersby, and for spectators, covered walkways around the pitches provide up-close enjoyment of the action. The pitches can be configured quickly and easily for different sports, including football, basketball and hockey, and for an array of different sized teams, starting with three-a-side.
Glow in the dark cement could light up cities
A Mexican scientist has developed cement that glows in the dark for up to 12 hours, potentially revolutionising the way we light our cities. The energy-efficient material soaks up sunlight during the daytime and begins to emit light as the sun sets. And it’s not just lampposts that the luminous invention could render obsolete. The brains behind the invention, José Carlos Rubio Avalos, says:
“It could be used for exterior and interior applications”. So it could even be lighting up the inside of our homes one day to save on electric bills.
- April 2021 - April 9, 2021
- Apps that do good - November 13, 2019
- Smashing the glass ceiling - November 13, 2019
- Are you on the brink of burnout? - November 13, 2019
- Is It Time For A Fitness Overhaul? - November 13, 2019
- The Best You Legacy Club - November 13, 2019
- Meet the people getting Britain moving - November 13, 2019
- BECOMING THE BEST ME - November 12, 2019
- Book Club - November 12, 2019
- The Power of Perseverance - November 12, 2019