“We are all human beings and I believe that we all should have equal rights”
Early life for Blake Mycoskie included much of that of any other kid: school and sports. But Mycoskie, born in Texas in 1976, quickly developed an intuitive business sense that set him apart.
He attended Southern Methodist University in Texas on a tennis scholarship. But it was a devastating sports injury that ended his tennis career and really got his mind working. Recognising that there wasn’t a readily accessible dry cleaning business on his college campus, he launched his first venture in EZ Laundry. It took off like a rocket, eventually servicing multiple universities.
After a second venture was acquired by Clear Channel Media, Mycoskie devised a plan to give back to those less fortunate. A chance encounter with a charitable organisation in Argentina led him to launch TOMS shoes. A revolutionary idea of creating a for-profit charitable organisation was based on the notion that for every pair of TOMS shoes purchased, a pair would be donated to a child in need.
The company has since expanded its offerings to include sight-saving services and a coffee company that donates water to communities in need. Blake Mycoskie was born to build businesses, he lives to build social awareness
“When people manage to combine success in business with giving back to people in need, it really warms our hearts. It is our hope that everyone who finds financial success does this”
– Bernardo Moya
- The New Three R’s – the building blocks of success - October 31, 2020
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019