Hallelujah, it’s finally arrived! Despite the fact that we didn’t have a very harsh winter this year, there is nothing quite like the joy that comes when spring turns to summer. It’s the time of the year when we can finally get outdoors and enjoy the sun, when it bothers coming to the party – this is the UK after all.
There are so many great things to do in the summer, and it is perfect for spending time with your friends and family. And with the longer days and shorter nights, taking advantage of the great outdoors is easy, even for those of us who work full time. Get up early in the morning and go for a walk around your neighbourhood, or make a plan to meet your friends after work for a round of sundowners. Smartphones have turned almost all of us into amateur shutterbugs. It’s easier than ever to take photos of your friends together, the sunset, or a bustling street scene. Observe everything around you and cherish those things or people you might take for granted. There’s no need to wait for Christmas or Valentine’s Day to show your partner you care. Now is the perfect time to surprise them with something that will show them you care.
In this issue of The Best You, we are all about showing appreciation. Our cover star, Sir Elton John, is very grateful for all that his life and fame have afforded him, and he shows this by being one of the most charitable celebrities in the UK. I chat with Gina Nelthorpe-Cowne, who came over from South Africa and tried her hand at many things before finding success running an impressive talent management agency. Finally, local actress Tanya Franks writes about how she attended our NLP Licensed Practitioner course and managed to use the skills she learnt there to help a fellow Londoner overcome her fear of escalators, for which the young woman was very grateful.
Pick up a new book to read, start exercising, or eat more healthily. We always advocate being more proactive. The start of a new season is the perfect catalyst for self-betterment, so make this summer your summer.
“We need society, and we need solitude also, as we need summer and winter, day and night, exercise and rest.” – Philip Gilbert Hamerton
- The New Three R’s – the building blocks of success - October 31, 2020
- 5 Networking Hacks to Become a Better Networker - October 12, 2020
- How to be brilliant at failing in life/love/work and why it’s important - September 20, 2020
- What your goals reveal about your personality - September 17, 2020
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019