We all prefer to live within our comfort zones, in every aspect of our lives. You will find that behind every comfort zone there are strong limiting beliefs that are restrictions about your abilities, which you are convinced are true.
These limiting beliefs tend to keep you ‘safe’ with what your unconscious feels is appropriate or not. They can be thoughts like, ‘I’m scared of spiders’, ‘I refuse to fly in an aeroplane’ or ‘I can’t get in a lift’. It could also be beliefs about ourselves such as, ‘I will never lose weight’ or ‘I can’t find a partner’.
Staying emotionally safe is the real reason we live within these comfort zones. To move on, expand your life and overcome these limiting beliefs, you must:
- Understand that you are not your belief, as we identify with our beliefs.
- Accept that you might be wrong!
- Push the boundaries of what you think you are capable of.
Nowadays, with amazing techniques, such as NLP, TFT, CBT and EFT, many of these fears, in the hands of a professional and reputable practitioner, can become a thing of the past in minutes. In my work as a seminar promoter, I have witnessed this frequently. Change that has affected the quality of life for many people and their families for years.
But the most amazing thing is not that people overcome their limiting beliefs, it is that, once they do, they ask themselves, ‘What else am I capable of doing? What else is holding me back? To find some help visit www.thebestyoudirectory.co
I hope you enjoy this month’s magazine, and if you are an avid reader of The Best You, please complete our online survey.
This month we are delighted to interview leading personal development expert Dr Barbara De Angelis, along with nutritionists Amanda Hamilton and Charlotte Watts, fitness guru Zen Martinoli, and communications specialist Carmine Gallo. We also talk with Cynthia Kersey ahead of the Unstoppable Foundation’s event to raise funds for schools in Africa. There is plenty of advice this issue, so tell us how you are expanding your life.
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019
- 10 Game-Changing Business Lessons From Motivational Books - May 9, 2019
- How resilience is one of the most important skills you can master for a happier life (and it is SO easily learned) - April 5, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - October 15, 2018
- Welcome to The Best You magazine - March 21, 2018
- The Best You A Better World - November 30, 2017