You can find fantastic places to dip a toe in outdoor waters at wildswim.com – here are some spots to try…
1.Plodda Fall, Nr Tomich, Invernesshire, Highlands Hike through the forestto get to a reviving plunge pool at the bottom of Scotland’s highest waterfall. Stunning for diving and swimming, it’s an exhilarating experience.
2. The Cam, Grantchester Meadows, Cambridge Apparently a favourite with poet Rupert Brooke, surrounded by water meadows, wildlife and the odd passing punt, this is the perfect summertime spot to enjoy a plunge before a picnic.
3. Frensham Great Pond, Surrey Built by the Bishop of Winchester to house his collection of fish, a sandy beach, easy access and nearby café, with a designated swimming area, this is the perfect spot for families looking for a gentle step into outdoor waters.
4. Holkham Beach, Near Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk Golden sands and a horizon that goes on for miles – billed as ‘the place where the sea meets the sky’ this is an idyllic landscape for all the family. You might even get lucky and see a seal bob by as you swim.
5. Hampstead Ponds, London Three ponds, one to suit every mood. Try Kenwood Ladies’ Pond which is surrounded by oak trees, a large men’s bath pool and a Mixed Pond with a grassy area for sunbathing.
6. Loch Lomond, Nr Inversnaid, Stirlingshire One of the UK’s finest freshwater lakes, the northern part of the loch is where Scotland’s Rob Roy’s hideout cave exists, so head for this spot and make your own northern adventure.
7. Nant Ffrancon, Snowdonia A mile-long walk reveals a cobalt blue glacial lake surrounded on three sides by high crags, rock slabs and slopes. Guaranteed to deliver an adrenaline shot!
- Apps that do good - November 13, 2019
- Smashing the glass ceiling - November 13, 2019
- Are you on the brink of burnout? - November 13, 2019
- Is It Time For A Fitness Overhaul? - November 13, 2019
- The Best You Legacy Club - November 13, 2019
- Meet the people getting Britain moving - November 13, 2019
- BECOMING THE BEST ME - November 12, 2019
- Book Club - November 12, 2019
- The Power of Perseverance - November 12, 2019
- Brian Rose: Lighting The Path to Success - November 12, 2019