Actress and yogi Ali visits Senspa in Cary’s Manor
The Japanese term ‘shinrin-yoku’ literally translates as ‘forest bathing’, or a relaxing visit to the forest. In Japan it has become a recognised stress management activity, and if there’s one thing we happen to be blessed with in the UK, it’s beautiful woodland.
One of the most enchanting of all is the New Forest. It’s a place I’ve gravitated to many times – more often than not, throwing a tent, my dogs, a few groceries and a willing friend into the car for a few days of walking, talking and getting back to basics.
For a real treat, or when it’s too chilly for camping, there’s no better New Forest hideaway than Carey’s Manor. Only an hour and a half away from London, it’s a hidden gem where nature and spa therapies combine, and a visit promises to leave ‘your body glowing, your mind renewed and your soul soothed’.
The Manor is home to the award winning SenSpa, (you may have spotted their beautiful products in the aisles of Waitrose), an Asian inspired sanctuary built entirely in synergy with its surroundings. The dark wood decor embraces this theme and as the spa opens out onto the tranquil Zen gardens; everything is designed to transport you to a place of serenity.
Two favourites are the hydrotherapy pool which helps to relax muscles, increase circulation and improve joint mobility, and a Rhassoul mud room – a luxurious mosaic private steam chamber suitable for two where therapists will apply detoxifying mud treatments known to improve skin texture.
The real treat, however, was a beautiful Thai massage from one of their highly experienced therapists, Lord. She gave me one of the most beautiful, nurturing, tailor-made treatments I think I have ever experienced. I had been going through a few changes in my personal life in the run up to this getaway and I’d not realised quite how tied up in knots I had become.
It made me think…there are so many reasons people might choose to come away on a trip like this, personal growth, life change, illness or simply to introduce a new chapter of self-care.
Whatever it may be that leads you into the enchanted forest, one thing is for certain, you are in very safe loving hands with the therapists at Senspa.
Follow my Twitter @alibastian and Instagram @alibastianinsta
For more information visit www.careysmanor.com
- Brilliant ideas to get that holiday ‘feeling’ WITHOUT leaving your home for children/families. - October 6, 2020
- The Best You. Become the Better Version of Yourself - January 2, 2020
- Bernardo Moya launches his new Mentorship programme for 2020 - January 2, 2020
- Inspirational Stories - January 28, 2017
- Live Love Legacy - January 28, 2017
- The Last Word - November 18, 2016
- Inspirational Vloggers - November 18, 2016
- The best of the digital world - November 18, 2016
- The mindful way to lose weight – forever by Susan Hepburn - November 18, 2016
- How to acquire financial wisdom - November 18, 2016