Spruce up your gloomy winter morning commute with these must-hear podcasts
THE BEST FOR HISTORY BUFFS: THE DOLLOP
Hosted by Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds, this is the most fun you will ever have during a history lesson. Looking back at everything from Opium to Uber, every edition covers a seriously interesting topic without taking it too seriously. Expect plenty of satire and laughs.
THE BEST FOR FEEDING YOUR CURIOSITY: THE ANTHILL
The new series from podcast behemoths The Conversation. The Anthill seeks to unearth the most interesting research from the world of academia, with each episode revolving around a different theme, among them time, the success of underdogs, and the power of a reboot. This will fuel your pub quiz knowledge nicely.
THE BEST FOR HEALTH-BOOSTING: THE FITCAST
This weekly fitness and nutrition show, hosted by Kevin Larrabee, discusses every aspect of health with leading experts. From exploring what might be holding people back from success at the gym, to whether strict diet rules are ever good, it’s like having a personal trainer in your ear, but with much less shouting.
THE BEST FOR NEW PARENTS: FIRST TIME DADS
British journalists and brand new fathers Steve and Rich air the feelings that often don’t get spoken about, such as guilt, rage and frustration. In a world awash with mums’ opinions, it’s refreshing to hear from the dads, and the duo’s bracing honesty makes for a relatable and reassuring trip through the rocky road of early fatherhood.
THE BEST FOR EXPANDING YOUR MIND: TOMORROW’S WORLD
Can humans transmit ideas directly to someone else’s brain? Can we morph our own intelligence with AI? Hosts Britt Wray and Dr. Ellie Cosgrave explore these and other thought-provoking questions informed by the fields of science and technology.
- Apps for a healthier mind and body - February 15, 2018
- Prioritising Gender Intelligence - February 15, 2018
- How to break-up without falling apart - February 15, 2018
- Health Boosters - February 15, 2018
- Run for Love - February 15, 2018
- The F-word revolution - February 15, 2018
- The Self-Care Revolution - February 15, 2018
- The Rise and Rise of the Global Woman - February 15, 2018
- First Flight - February 15, 2018
- Increase Your Wool-being - February 15, 2018