I recently chaired a panel at a great event called Migrant Women, promoted by Mirela Sula. It was such an overwhelming and inspiring day with so many amazing stories of women and men that have overcome great adversity in their lives.
It was a room full of true empowerment and resilience. I often say that the world would be a much better place if we were all more empathetic. If we really made an effort to understand other people’s challenges and where they are coming from.
Much was discussed about global history, and how human beings have travelled and explored throughout time. The bottom line is that we are all immigrants, our parents, grandparents and great-grandparents have explored the world, for thousands of years.
One delegate neatly put it that, in his words, “Immigrants are modern explorers”. One of the speakers on my session panel, Joe St. Clair, reminded us that new science also accepts that the universe – including us – is made up of energy, not matter.
Socrates said that the universe is made of energy, which was there before man and other material things like the earth came along. So if that’s what we are, how is it important where we come from or what we look like?
I appreciate we live in challenging times, but at a time when we are deciding whether to stay in the EU or not, and being the son of an immigrant myself, I truly believe it’s time for integration, rather than separation. The internet, technology and modern transport all allow us to be more global, yet we seem to be fighting the net result of this innovation at the same time.
In this issue, we feature an article from Mirela Sula’s event, and we also share details of how The Best You is creating an innovative and unique platform for those seeking to improve their own lives.
We also interview a rising star in the personal development world, Kute Blackson. The son of a Ghanaian preacher and healer, he arrived in London as a young boy and absorbed more than 1,800 personal development books before the age of 18. From this incredible knowledge he launched his own transformative spiritual coaching practice and has now written his first book, You Are The One which has been widely praised by everyone, from Jack Canfield to Larry King. Read about his remarkable story on page 10.
With other amazing names including Doreen Virtue, Sharon Lechter and Shaa Wasmund featured, plus profiles of Sir Paul McCartney and Andy Murray, let this issue inspire your journey this summer.
- Rise To The Top Tips - April 12, 2020
- 20 Ways to Become More Emotionally Intelligent In 2020. - January 9, 2020
- Bernardo Founder of The Best You interviewed in Reinvention Radio - November 14, 2019
- The Question - November 13, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - November 12, 2019
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019
- 10 Game-Changing Business Lessons From Motivational Books - May 9, 2019
- How resilience is one of the most important skills you can master for a happier life (and it is SO easily learned) - April 5, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - October 15, 2018
- Welcome to The Best You magazine - March 21, 2018