This year National Smile Month takes place from 20 May to 20 June and is the UK’s largest oral health campaign. It gives us the opportunity to learn more about why looking after your pearly whites is so very, very important.
Although it’s called National Smile Month, there is a serious issue behind it. Poor oral hygiene routine can lead to gum disease and there is also evidence of a link between a lack of brushing your teeth and heart disease. What’s more, an unhealthy smile and bad breath can lead to poor self-confidence and to social awkwardness. A bad smile can really hold you back and affect your health. This is why keeping up with a healthy oral routine is important.
Celebrate National Smile Month with these top tips:
• Keep to a regular daily oral hygiene routine to ensure you maintain a healthy smile.
• Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes with fluoride toothpaste.
• Cut down on sugary foods and drinks.
• Visit your dentist as often as recommended for a routine check-up, which is once every six months.
• Regular flossing alongside brushing your teeth can help prevent gum disease.
• Excessive drinking and smoking can prevent you from having healthy, white teeth, and there is a higher risk of developing mouth cancer and gum disease.
• A healthy well-balanced diet helps keep teeth in great condition.
• Detox your teeth by drinking plenty of water. Water is vital for a healthy body and skin. By drinking eight glasses per day, you will notice a positive difference inside and out. So get those teeth sparkling!
• Using a mouthwash as part of your daily routine can also help to keep your breath fresh and your mouth healthy.
Following these top tips will help keep your smile looking and feeling great. There are many huge benefits in keeping your teeth and gums in great condition. Not only will a great set of teeth make you feel more confident, but you will feel much healthier. The teeth can be susceptible to developing a wide variety of problems and diseases, so by keeping up with a regular great oral health routine, you can try and keep your teeth and gums in tip top shape!
So, it’s time to get brushing!
Brought to you by Beverly Hills Formula
- September – October 2017 - September 25, 2017
- The Future is Neural - September 25, 2017
- The time is now - September 25, 2017
- What a Wonder-ful World - September 25, 2017
- Good News - September 25, 2017
- The Long Road to Redemption - September 25, 2017
- Book Club - September 25, 2017
- Freedom on two wheels - September 25, 2017
- Working together for A Better World - September 25, 2017
- Great Ormond Street Hospital - September 25, 2017