For Ann Wilson, self value should be your first consideration if you are to achieve your maximum financial potential
Do you ever say any of the following?
- I’ll start saving and investing when I’ve got some spare money
- I’ll go dance/paint/ride my motorbike (apply whichever excites you) when I’ve got some free time
- I’ll play with the kids/dog/goldfish when I’ve finished all this other stuff
- I’ll visit that wonderful friend/my parents/kids when things aren’t so busy with work
- I’ll take that much needed break/bubble bath/holiday once I’ve sorted everything else out
Perhaps you’ve also heard the phrase, ‘pay yourself first?’ This is possibly the most important and fundamental concept in all wealth creation and I’m not just talking about money – it’s about living a rich feast of a life. During the launch of Financial Freedom University, I was asked many times about my belief that you must pay yourself first, before all other bills even if you aren’t sure how you will pay those other bills. Often people responded by saying, ‘Doesn’t that mean I’ll get into more debt?’ or, ‘I can’t see how to do this as there never is anything leftover?’ First and foremost this requires a massive mind shift. The very decision to make yourself, your financial wellbeing and your dreams the most important bill you pay first every month triggers a whole chain of possibility and potentiality opens. Once you have done this, you then use the greatest asset you have, your creativity and personal potential to get all the rest done. You put this into action by learning how to ask yourself great quality questions about the rest of the outgoings in your life and you keep stretching yourself to make it so. Questions provide the key to unlocking your unlimited potential, and there are a series of steps to go through.
- How else can I pay these bills?
- How else can I experience this thing without this cost?
- How else can I bring money in?
- Which of these other expenses can I get rid of because I don’t get value from them?
- Which of these expenses can I negotiate a lower rate?
- What other things can I do to bring in extra income?
- Are there skills and assets I have which I’m not using or can expand on?
- Are there things I can sell to cover these other expenses?
- Where can I add value to massive numbers of people and get rewarded significantly financially?
It is from this place we expand who we are and all aspects of our life. When we believe in ourselves enough to pay ourselves first. Consumer debt is always the last resort and believing that it is the only other way to pay for something is a belief that needs to be scrubbed out. It not only robs you of your money but also of the incredible wealth of resources within you that you never get to strengthen and expand because you never gave them a chance. This pattern goes way further than money. It is a pattern that impacts all the resources we have available to us to get the most out of our lives. The most precious being is our time, our energy and our focus. Direct these resources with respect and leadership and you will be amazed at what unfolds. When you invest your time, your money, your energy and your focus in yourself first you are telling your unconscious you believe in you, your dreams and your ability to create what you want in this life. Paying yourself last or not at all because you’re waiting for there to be some leftover after everything else is covered is giving yourself the scraps of your life. You deserve more than that. (biog) Ann Wilson is author of The Wealth Chef and turned her life around from broke divorcee to self-made millionaire in eight years. Her online course, Financial Freedom University provides the tools to make money work for you.
MORE ICON: Sign up for Ann Wilson’s Financial Freedom University at thewealthchef.com
- The Best You Legacy Club – New Business In A Box Opportunity Will Boost Entrepreneurs. - September 6, 2018
- The Best You Online – Personal Development Video Site Features Top Names To Improve Your Life. - August 31, 2018
- March – April 2018 - March 21, 2018
- WOW! WHAT A WEEKEND! - March 21, 2018
- March for Giants - March 21, 2018
- Good News - March 21, 2018
- Being Bulletproof - March 21, 2018
- Compassion and Capitalism - March 21, 2018
- The American Way - March 21, 2018
- Book Club - March 21, 2018