Set up by the late Elise Roberts in July 2010, Elise for Life aimed to raise money to help the hospital she was at with research, and the treatment, care, and support of so many people affected by cancer.
On 4 January 2010, just 11 days after she got engaged, Elise Roberts was diagnosed with a malignant melanoma. Nine months later, at the age of 37, Elise passed away. Due in no small part to Elise’s employers – Barclays – and her friends and colleagues, Elise for Life has achieved more than they ever could have hoped. Because of this, and the support there is for cancer related causes, Elise for Life is taking the appeal to the next level, and they are setting up a national cancer charity, Challenge for Life!
This charity will raise money for organisations, charities, and individuals who need help and support across the whole cancer spectrum, covering awareness, prevention, research, treatment, care, and support. Challenge for Life aims to do this by offering incredible UK and Overseas Challenges. This means you will be able to take part in something life changing, not only for some very brave and amazing people, but for yourself too!
In the first year, they plan to support the likes of The Christie, The Royal Marsden, Macmillan, Marie Curie, Anthony Nolan, and Cancer Research UK, while supporting specific male, female, and children’s cancers on a regional and local level too.
If you saw or heard about this years’ Comic Relief challenge, ‘Through Hell and High Water” then that should give you an idea of the types of challenges on offer. You could:
- Paddle over 100kms down the mighty Zambezi River
- Experience traditional dugout canoes, inflatable kayaks and rafts
- Witness the awesome Victoria Falls – the smoke that thunders!
- Possibly view wildlife including hippos, crocodiles and elephants
- Camp by night on the banks of the Zambezi
If that sufficiently whet your appetite, you now have the opportunity to follow in the footsteps… or should we say paddle strokes… of the six celebrities who took part in the Comic Relief challenge!
- Five Free Tips to Living a Life Without Limits - March 27, 2019
- September – October 2018 - October 15, 2018
- The power of saying ‘enough’ - October 15, 2018
- What’s new - October 15, 2018
- A Gratitude Attitude - October 15, 2018
- Meghan Markle - October 15, 2018
- Warren Buffett Life Lessons - October 15, 2018
- Book Club - October 15, 2018
- Sole searching - October 15, 2018
- How Do We Break Out of The Doom-and-gloom Cocoon and See More of What’s Right in Life? - October 15, 2018