Rules to live by from one of the most successful investors in the world
Save money where you can. Keep track of your expenses. Don’t hurry to buy things you can live without. It’s not groundbreaking advice, but when its coming from Warren Buffett you know it pays to listen.
Buffet is the world’s second richest person and one of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, a source of inspiration for entrepreneurs and venture capitalist everywhere.
With a net worth of more than £85 billion, Buffett still rides the same gold Cadillac to work every day, eats the same meal, and takes every opportunity to offer his wisdom to others. He is also a notable philanthropist, having pledged to give away 99 percent of his fortune to charitable causes.
In a world that values instant gratification, Buffett is proof that everything is achievable in life as long as you are persistent, keep the right company and keep up your good work. Here are some of his greatest words of inspiration. Ultimately, Buffet would implore you to remember that life is short and we should all spend our time and effort on work we love. Here are some of his wisest words: Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.
It’s better to hang out with people better than you.
Pick out associates whose behaviour is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.
Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.
The only way to get love is to be lovable. It’s very irritating if you have a lot of money. You’d like to think you could write a check: ‘I’ll buy a million dollars’ worth of love.’ But it doesn’t work that way.
The more you give love away, the more you get.
Risk is a part of God’s game, alike for men and nations.
“LIFE IS SHORT AND WE SHOULD ALL SPEND OUR TIME AND EFFORT ON WORK WE LOVE”
- How resilience is one of the most important skills you can master for a happier life (and it is SO easily learned) - April 5, 2019
- Five Free Tips to Living a Life Without Limits - March 27, 2019
- September – October 2018 - October 15, 2018
- What’s new - October 15, 2018
- The power of saying ‘enough’ - October 15, 2018
- The Great Elephant Walk - October 15, 2018
- Meghan Markle - October 15, 2018
- A Gratitude Attitude - October 15, 2018
- How Do We Break Out of The Doom-and-gloom Cocoon and See More of What’s Right in Life? - October 15, 2018
- Sole searching - October 15, 2018