As everyone knows, I’m all about questions…I’m a self-convicted nosey parker so it makes a lot of sense. What you might not know, yet, is that I’m all about answers too. Lately, I’ve been asked, occasionally in a challenging tone…okay Elle what thoughts do you use regularly that have made a difference in your life? That’s a challenge I can handle.
As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.
Henry David Thoreau
The thing that’s important, really important, about this quote is that we have to think these thoughts over and over if they’re to have an impact. I know it sucks…but there it is. As you can see, the dominant thoughts that I have are not poetic, or beautiful, or brilliant, or complicated in any way. In fact they’re very ordinary, which is probably why they work for me. And, they truly have had a profound impact, leaving an indelible impression on my life.
1. This is really easy…when I’m having difficulties.
2. I have a happy and safe journey…every time I get in my car, or travel anywhere.
3. I’m blessed…just generally, for no specific reason…throughout the day.
4. I love my body…in the shower or getting dress and undressed.
5. I bless and release you, I bless and release me…if I’ve had a problem, with, or don’t think well of someone.
6 Do I believe God can do this…if doubt or fear arises.
7. I’m healed, I’m healthy…for any sickness that I might feel is coming on. It might work with a cold but I don’t know because I don’t get them. Honest.
8. I love my life…often when I’m chopping vegetables for dinner, or making the bed, or doing the laundry or any other mundane task that requires no thought. Everything feels better with this one.
9. I’m positive I’m happy, I’m positively happy…self explanatory.
10. I might have no clue how to do this, but I know I did it…equally self explanatory.
11. I feel great...when I have a headache or cramp or any other minor complaint. It takes about five minutes for cramp and a little longer for a headache. It even works with migraines, which used to be the bane of my life. Although it would take a good half hour of soaking in a bath repeating it over and over. And if you’re a migraine sufferer, you’ll know it was well worth it. Just saying.
12. Not in my world…for anything I hear, or read, or see on television, or that anyone wants to convince me is true when it isn’t something I would choose to experience.
13. So what, I know the outcome…when things aren’t quite working out according to plan.
14. Thank you, thank you…to no-one in particular and for very little reason; just driving my car, or hearing kid’s laughter, or watching the waving of the swamp willows as I sit and well, gaze.
15. I love my darling one…because I do and I rejoice in it.
I’m building my life one thought at a time.
If you have any great dominant thoughts you’d like to share, I most definitely want to hear them…love new thoughts that help make a deeper and better mental path.
Encourage one another.
- How to Wake Up Early in the Morning – 5 Tips You Need to Know by TJ Chasteen - February 16, 2016
- You can lose it! by Ali Campbell - July 24, 2015
- Maintaining enthusiasm by Dragos Roua - February 25, 2014
- 10 Life Lessons Everyone Should Know by Sibyl Chavis - February 25, 2014
- Dear LOA: What’s The Point Of Being Here by Melody Fletcher - February 25, 2014
- Stuck in a rut? Start over! by Courtney Carver - February 18, 2014
- Life Balance – Living the Dream by Marquita Herald - February 15, 2014
- The Story Of The Wounded Child by Evelyn Lym - February 14, 2014
- 8 Things You Forgot to Be Grateful For by Marc and Angel - February 12, 2014
- The Startup World’s Big Miss by Jonathan Fields - February 12, 2014