At The Best You, we recognise those who are using their digital space to educate, empower and do good for others
The creator of a YouTube series, Diary of a Badman, Arshad aims to use comedy to spread a positive message about being a Muslim.
“I think a lot of Muslims and Islam in general are not portrayed in a positive light in the media, and it’s a shame,” said Arshad in an interview with WIRED.co.uk. “I wanted to do this project as a Muslim, to represent Muslims and get some positive PR.”
Badman is a fictional character based on a young, stereotypical British Asian boy who thinks he’s a gangsta, and in his sketches, Arshad touches on themes such as arranged marriages, racism and family relations.
Watch Badman’s World at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4HIr9OKBX_yGjonR1uTiBw
- September – October 2018 - October 15, 2018
- What’s new - October 15, 2018
- The power of saying ‘enough’ - October 15, 2018
- The Great Elephant Walk - October 15, 2018
- Meghan Markle - October 15, 2018
- A Gratitude Attitude - October 15, 2018
- How Do We Break Out of The Doom-and-gloom Cocoon and See More of What’s Right in Life? - October 15, 2018
- Sole searching - October 15, 2018
- Book Club - October 15, 2018
- Warren Buffett Life Lessons - October 15, 2018