Today I had the pleasure of visiting Luv-a-pet animal rescue and adoption services. I was greeted by a very loving black kitty looking for a home. Anyone who knows me personally is well aware of my obsession with animals, and craze for my own cats. These little furry pals of mine are the perfect example of unconditional love, and what it means to truly live in love. We can learn from our pets how to forgive, see each-other as equals, and be loyal. I never heard my cat say, “she doesn’t look so good today, so I’m going to with-hold petting rights.” or “she didn’t give me the attention I desired yesterday, so I am now mad at her.” Nope, they just don’t do that. Our pets love us no matter what, have no judgements, and are always happy to see us.
I was truly inspired by this woman Denise, the founder of Luv-a-pet, and one of her active volunteers, Jamie. Denise has been rescuing animals for 10 years, and providing mobile veterinary service (with the help of a veterinarian) for 8. Three years ago she opened a store front. Everyone that works for her is a volunteer, and the shelter runs on donations and grants. She told me an amazing story about a $5,000 vet bill that was paid by a single woman, as a donation. Miracle after miracle has happened for Denise, as she trusts and believes that her efforts from the heart are worth the risk of not having enough funding to pay the bills to keep the shelter going. Something or someone always comes through. Her courage is a reminder of trusting and believing that when you live from your heart, what you put out comes back to you in like-kind. Her karma is good. I told Denise I would help her in any way I can. First, by making a personal donation for her cause, and second by bringing awareness to beautiful people who live from their heart, and the cause of helping animals. If you want to check out Denise’s efforts, www.luvapet.net. What a beautiful cause. Animals need love, as do humans, and we can learn from their unconditional ways.
“This post first appeared on The Spreadhappy.”
- How to Wake Up Early in the Morning – 5 Tips You Need to Know by TJ Chasteen - February 16, 2016
- You can lose it! by Ali Campbell - July 24, 2015
- Maintaining enthusiasm by Dragos Roua - February 25, 2014
- 10 Life Lessons Everyone Should Know by Sibyl Chavis - February 25, 2014
- Dear LOA: What’s The Point Of Being Here by Melody Fletcher - February 25, 2014
- Stuck in a rut? Start over! by Courtney Carver - February 18, 2014
- Life Balance – Living the Dream by Marquita Herald - February 15, 2014
- The Story Of The Wounded Child by Evelyn Lym - February 14, 2014
- 8 Things You Forgot to Be Grateful For by Marc and Angel - February 12, 2014
- The Startup World’s Big Miss by Jonathan Fields - February 12, 2014