The Happy List 2017
Nominations are now open to find 50 outstanding unsung heroes and heroines who enrich the lives of others in Britain
In a world awash with negativity and fake news, it is time to tell the stories that truly deserve to be told. The Independent newspaper has opened nominations for its selection of the 50 people whose kindness, bravery and dedication help make the UK a happier and more caring place, and asks for your help to find them.
Everyone knows someone who goes above and beyond, from taking care of foster children, the elderly, wildlife, those at risk of loneliness or simply by do some small acts to make their community happy, and these are the people The Happy List celebrates. What makes The Happy List so special is that unlike other lists that produce catalogues of the moneyed, this list is comprised of everyday citizens who do amazing things for others, and the nominations are made by the public.
The Happy List was set up in 2008 by The Independent as an antidote to the greed-driven celebrity rich lists. Rather than celebrating privilege and wealth, The Happy List seeks to shine a light on people who make an extraordinary effort for the betterment of society.
This May, The Independent will publish the names of the 50 chosen nominees, so all we need is your help to find those who deserve to be celebrated.
How to nominate
To nominate someone, please submit a few details about the individual you are nominating, including their name, a way to contact you (or them), and the reason why you are putting them forward. Submit your nomination at ind.pn/happylist2017
Nominations from all corners of the UK, all cultural backgrounds, and people from all parts of the community are welcome. Deadline for nominations is midnight on 28 April 2017. Selected entries will be revealed by The Independent in May.
- Apps that do good - November 13, 2019
- Smashing the glass ceiling - November 13, 2019
- Are you on the brink of burnout? - November 13, 2019
- Is It Time For A Fitness Overhaul? - November 13, 2019
- The Best You Legacy Club - November 13, 2019
- Meet the people getting Britain moving - November 13, 2019
- BECOMING THE BEST ME - November 12, 2019
- Book Club - November 12, 2019
- The Power of Perseverance - November 12, 2019
- Brian Rose: Lighting The Path to Success - November 12, 2019