Wash and go
For those who live life on the road or in the air, the perpetual hunt for a clean shirt is over, thanks to Dufl (dufl.com), a digital valet service launched in the US. Registered users receive a branded suitcase which they fill with their travel clothes – this is collected, photographed and inventoried to create a virtual wardrobe. Each time a trip is planned, users inform Dufl of their destination and arrival, and it delivers the case. At the end of the trip, Dufl collects, washes and stores the garments until the next trip, with a free ‘swap out’ at any time if an item needs updating.
Read and grow
An Argentinian children’s book publisher, Pequeno Editor, has launched a series of titles to encourage young readers to become responsible consumers. The books are made from recycled acid-free paper, biodegradable inks and embedded with seeds which, once the book is read, can be planted to grow into a tree.
Lost and found
Pedigree Found is a New Zealand app that replaces ‘Lost Dog’ posters with a digital solution. Pet owners can register their dog, and if it goes missing they can post an ad to anyone online in the area to see if their pooch has been spotted.
Time to eat
A UK government project has led to the development of a new device, Ode (myode.org), which releases delicious food smells to encourage dementia patients to cook and eat regularly. Forgetting to eat often leads to weight loss among dementia sufferers, and the device has successfully helped patients in trials to regain up to 2kg in less than three months of use.
- Apps that do good - November 13, 2019
- Smashing the glass ceiling - November 13, 2019
- Are you on the brink of burnout? - November 13, 2019
- Is It Time For A Fitness Overhaul? - November 13, 2019
- The Best You Legacy Club - November 13, 2019
- Meet the people getting Britain moving - November 13, 2019
- BECOMING THE BEST ME - November 12, 2019
- Book Club - November 12, 2019
- The Power of Perseverance - November 12, 2019
- Brian Rose: Lighting The Path to Success - November 12, 2019