The news we read in the newspapers and see on the television is so negative that it can often feel like the media are conspiring to get you down in the dumps. That’s why The Best You is bringing you snippets of good news.
We need a hero
The children’s centre in Sao Paulo is using the superheroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman to inspire their children to a better recovery – and Warner Bros have even joined in to help.
With chemotherapy being so draining, the exercise aims to bring hope to kids and inspire them to recovery. While the therapy itself is vital, it has long been noted that optimism and a feeling of hope can also play their parts in recovery from cancer.
“I think that many children are now going to understand how this treatment can give them a magic power, through this ‘Superformula,'” Yelma Jacob, a nurse at the facility, said in a video posted by JWT.
Music to our brains
Researchers are beginning to find evidence that birdsong is good for you. While loud noises can be distracting, natural sounds can have the reverse effect.
Birdsong can make you mentally alert and physically relaxed, explains Julian Treasure, chairman of noise consultancy The Sound Agency.
“People find birdsong relaxing and reassuring because over thousands of years they have learnt when the birds sing they are safe, it’s when birds stop singing that people need to worry.”
A free smartphone app called Study claims to be a “productivity-boosting” soundscape that you can listen to at work. It covers background noise and Treasure is convinced that is aids focus, improves cognition and reduces tiredness.
- Thinking Time - November 30, 2017
- Can Life Coaching Help You Live a Calmer Life? - November 30, 2017
- November – December 2017 - November 30, 2017
- Why we’re All Going Vegan - November 30, 2017
- A Climate of Change - November 30, 2017
- The Evolution of A Megabrand - November 30, 2017
- The Jamie Oliver phenomenon: The business of good feelings - November 30, 2017
- Book Club - November 30, 2017
- Working together for A Better World - November 30, 2017
- Chasing Coral - November 30, 2017