Day to day, life, the universe or god throws challenges at us that sometimes can feel slightly overwhelming. How we overcome them is by being resourceful.
Being resourceful is having the ability to find ways to solve difficult situations quickly. Being resourceful will not prevent us from going through crisis, but it will help us get over difficulties faster. The most successful people in the world are those who face them bravely and devise ways to deal with them fast and move on.
How do we do this? Firstly, analyse the problem before responding, then act and implement your decisions. Stay positive, remember all the good reasons of why you do what you do. And something that always helps me is to remember the things you are thankful for, make a list and put things in perspective. And if that doesn’t help watch the news because when you look at people suffering without a home, in areas of conflict or war and natural disasters.
And that’s where we come in, we are here to help you, to find inspirational tips and ideas. This month we have fabulous writers and interviews with amazing individuals who have achieved success, overcome adversity and gained insight into all areas of life.
Hazel Gale explains how reframing can help us conquer fear, world poker champion Chris Moorman shares some of the secrets of his success, Sian Prior tackles childhood shyness, and Jo Simpson and Kerry Hannon inspire us to reinvigorate our careers.
Plus we are hugely excited to announce the first dates for The Best You Inspiring Talks, to be held in London this autumn, and dates for the inaugural The Best You Exhibition. Enjoy the issue.
- The Journey - June 1, 2017
- Editor’s Letter - April 27, 2017
- So Much Change by Bernardo Moya - November 18, 2016
- The Right Reasons by Bernardo Moya - September 24, 2016
- Two sides to a story by Bernardo Moya - July 20, 2016
- The revolution begins here – The Oola Guys by Bernardo Moya - July 18, 2016
- Son of an Immigrant by Bernardo Moya - June 23, 2016
- Where Will You Go? by Bernardo Moya - June 6, 2016
- June 2016 - June 6, 2016
- Nathan Douglas: Jump to it! by Bernardo Moya - June 6, 2016