It seems that summer has officially drawn to a close. It was fun while it lasted, and after plenty of Pimm’s in the park, it’s time to pack away those sunnies and shorts and pull out the woollies. Winter is coming.
Philanthropist, playboy and the last great movie star – this month we are celebrating all that is Clooney. Coming from humble beginnings on a tobacco farm in Kentucky, George Clooney has made a name for himself – not only in show business, but in the world of activism as well. Our editor Bernardo Moya interviews Adam Walker – a man who decided he wasn’t happy with the status quo and set himself the challenge of swimming the seven seas. And he succeeded!
Are you happy in your job? If not, what is it that’s stopping you? Not enough money? No benefits? Too much office politics? We did our research and came up with a list of six companies with the highest level of job satisfaction. So if you are hoping to make a move, dust off your CV and start applying. And Lori Deschene gives us some advice on how to make any criticism a constructive one.
We are also continuing our ‘What does it take..?’ column, and this month we chat to a dance instructor, Simon Bressanelli from Swing Patrol, which was recently featured on Dragon’s Den. And since it’s International Literacy Awareness month, we spoke to Paul Connolly, who told us about his huge achievement of overcoming his illiteracy and even writing a couple of books.
Music streaming has revolutionised the way many of us listen to music. CD collections that took years to build up have been discarded in favour of one app on your smartphone, and that app is Spotify. We have a look at the man who started it all – Daniel Ek.
All this and so much more!
All contributors include: David Hawkins, Andrew Parsons, Lori Deschene, Paul Connolly, Jim Aitkins, Simon Bressanelli, Geoff Edwards, Miranda Leslau, Zoë Henry, Malcolm Levene, Ron Holland, Natalie Ekberg and Bryan Szabo.
- So Much Change by Bernardo Moya - November 18, 2016
- The Right Reasons by Bernardo Moya - September 24, 2016
- Two sides to a story by Bernardo Moya - July 20, 2016
- The revolution begins here – The Oola Guys by Bernardo Moya - July 18, 2016
- Son of an Immigrant by Bernardo Moya - June 23, 2016
- Where Will You Go? by Bernardo Moya - June 6, 2016
- June 2016 - June 6, 2016
- Nathan Douglas: Jump to it! by Bernardo Moya - June 6, 2016
- What’s next at The Best You - June 6, 2016
- Sharing Stories by Bernardo Moya - May 6, 2016