Welcome to our September issue of The Best You. Gracing our cover this month is none other than the godmother of children’s literature, JK Rowling. Throughout her young adulthood she experienced many difficulties, from tumultuous relationships to an onslaught of rejection from dozens of publishing houses. Two decades later she is one of the world’s richest women and despite the Harry Potter series being done, she’s not packing up her writing tools just yet. Our editor, Bernardo Moya, also interviews Virgin Atlantic’s former CEO, Steve Ridgway.
The Queen of Charisma, Nikki Owen, tells us all about how this illusive characteristic can help you succeed in business and life. And we still have our monthly Bucket List column, this time suggesting delicious morsels to ingest before you meet your maker.
Malala Yousafzai is an education and human rights activist and an inspiration to us all. We profile this brave young woman kicking off a two part series about education issues throughout the world. We also welcome a new contributor to the magazine, although we’ve been following her blog for a while, Andrea Evans, who tells us all about living with passion.
Dr Rohan Weerasinghe talks us through whether starting your own business in this economic climate is the right thing to do, while Emma Vites gives us some information on intrepreneurship, entrepreneurship’s more bashful cousin. Then Zane Henry gives us the lowdown on the latest in car technology.
All contributors include: Nikki Owen, Susan Armstrong, Tracey-Lee Scully, Marisa Peer, Andrea Evans, Matt Wingett, Susannah Gilbert, Mel Carnegie, Dr Rohan Weerasinghe, Emma Vites and Zane Henry.
- Welcome to The Best You magazine - March 21, 2018
- The Best You A Better World - November 30, 2017
- Improving mental health in the workplace - November 30, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - September 25, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - July 12, 2017
- The Journey - June 1, 2017
- Editor’s Letter - April 27, 2017
- So Much Change by Bernardo Moya - November 18, 2016
- The Right Reasons by Bernardo Moya - September 24, 2016
- Two sides to a story by Bernardo Moya - July 20, 2016