Dr Ro has been speaking to audiences around the world for the past 20 years. He has covered subjects like personal and business development and training people on the power of communication and maximising sales. Through impactful communication he has helped generate sales into the tens of millions.
My observations have led me to discover that there is one skill that has become more sought after by businessmen and women – the art of communicating with impact. Those who learn this skill get the greatest results on both a personal and business level. Specifically, I am referring to the verbal communication and the use of video and live presentations to communicate to clients and associates.
We are in an age where poor communication leads to the loss of customers, employees and potentially business failure.
Whether you are a CEO or just starting off your business, this is a skill that you must invest time in learning. Impactful communication can benefit you whether you are presenting your business (or yourself) to a bank, to a group of potential investors, to an audience of potential buyers or talking to your employees. Great success requires great leadership, and great leadership requires outstanding communication at multiple levels. You can start by answering these questions:
- What results are you looking to achieve?
- What’s your biggest challenge when it comes to communicating with your clients or with others?
Responses I have received include:
- We want to increase our sales
- Increase our conversion rates
- Getting people to understand how we are different to other people
- Selling my ideas in front of audiences
- Helping our sales team present more professionally
- Winning new investors
The deeper you dig, the clearer you become on the actions necessary for you to be able to communicate your message with impact.
Three Starting Tips
Creating Values Alignment. This may not seem like a communication related topic, but it is one of the most important aspects of any business. Once you have clarity on the basic needs of the people you deal with you can start to make sure you align your business and your service with those needs.
Master the skill of speaking to audiences. This is a growing area for businesses across the world. Business owners, directors and senior management alike are expected to be able to communicate a strong, purposeful, and engaging and, of course, “sales” related message about themselves and their product.
Utilise the power of online videos. You cannot and will not be able to escape this area of growth. From a simple landing page on a website, YouTube or your own online digital TV channel. If you’re not exploiting these media, you are losing business. Make your message clear, open and easy for others to understand. Give massive value and they will return to watch you again.
For more information visit www.DrRo.Tv
- 3 Tips For Better Communication by Rohan Weerasinghe - September 24, 2016
- How To Be a Money Magnet by Dr Rohan Weerasinghe - July 24, 2014
- Dr Rohan Weerasinghe - March 10, 2014
- Turning points through a recession by Dr Rohan Weerasinghe - August 23, 2013
- Turning Points. Interview with Dr. Rohan Weerasinghe - April 15, 2013