Working together to change attitudes around what ends up in our seas
More than 60 million plastic bottles are thrown away every day. Many end up in our oceans, where they can take up to 100 years to biodegrade.
Plastic Oceans is a non-profit organisation working to raise awareness about the plastics and other pollutants that affect our oceans and rivers. The Best You: A Better World is proud to partner with Plastic Oceans and encourage even more people take positive action to protect our planet.
There are currently Plastic Oceans Foundation entities in four countries: UK, US, Canada, and Hong Kong. The international groups are united in their aim to change the world’s attitude towards plastic, within a single generation, through the key pillars of education, business, and sustainability and science. To spread the message even further, Plastic Oceans has created a documentary feature film called A Plastic Ocean.
Half of all the plastic we use is designed for ‘single use’. A Plastic Ocean engages people of all ages, in all social situations, to help them to understand the danger of continuing to perceive plastic to be disposable. Once people become aware of the ultimate threat to human health, Plastic Oceans believe they will make the choice to prevent plastic waste from entering the environment.
For more information and to watch A Plastic Ocean visit www.plasticoceans.org
- September – October 2017 - September 25, 2017
- The Future is Neural - September 25, 2017
- The time is now - September 25, 2017
- What a Wonder-ful World - September 25, 2017
- Good News - September 25, 2017
- The Long Road to Redemption - September 25, 2017
- Book Club - September 25, 2017
- Freedom on two wheels - September 25, 2017
- Working together for A Better World - September 25, 2017
- Great Ormond Street Hospital - September 25, 2017