I came across a report by Institute for Public Policy Research that was brought to my attention by a friend, Ami Shapiro. In the report they state:
‘Our belief is that deep, radical and urgent transformation is required in higher education as much as it is in school systems. Our fear is that, perhaps as a result of complacency, caution or anxiety, or a combination of all three, the pace of change is too slow and the nature of change too incremental.’
‘Should we fail to radically change our approach to education, the same cohort we’re attempting to “protect” could find that their entire future is scuttled by our timidity.’ David Puttnam, MIT, 2012
If you’re interested in reading the whole report, click here.
All the people I have interviewed, and the people I work with in general, are successful in their own right. And independent of what their background may be, whether it is music, finance, education, sports etc., they all have strong beliefs that something drastic needs to change in our schools and education system. Life and technology changes much faster than the educators of our kids do.
The common thing with all of them is they are all willing to give their time to share their expertise, knowledge and wisdom. Things need to change, and they need to change fast.
We are educators ourselves and our mission is to make our content, our experts and our magazine as accessible to as many people as possible all around the world. And you are an educator too. As Jack Canfield points out in his article on page 12, we are all teachers.
If you want to help us make a difference please share our magazine with your friends and loved ones. We are also starting a crowd-funding project, so feel free to contact us and find out how you can be part of The Best You.
“The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” – Sydney J. Harris
- The Best You A Better World - November 30, 2017
- Improving mental health in the workplace - November 30, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - September 25, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - July 12, 2017
- The Journey - June 1, 2017
- Editor’s Letter - April 27, 2017
- So Much Change by Bernardo Moya - November 18, 2016
- The Right Reasons by Bernardo Moya - September 24, 2016
- Two sides to a story by Bernardo Moya - July 20, 2016
- The revolution begins here – The Oola Guys by Bernardo Moya - July 18, 2016