Let’s get our Heads Together to change the conversation about mental health
How the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry are spearheading a campaign to end the stigma
Mental health has never been higher on the news agenda, and that is partly thanks to the work of our future King, Prince William, the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. They believe that mental health issues are at the heart of some of our greatest social challenges.
Last year, the trio set up the Heads Together campaign as a response to the unresolved mental health problems they had witnessed through their work with young people, emergency services, homeless charities, and veterans.
“Too often, people feel afraid to admit that they are struggling with their mental health,” said Prince William. “This fear of prejudice stops people from getting help and can destroy families and end lives. Heads Together wants to help people feel much more comfortable with their everyday mental wellbeing and have the practical tools to support their friends and family.”
The campaign aims to create millions of conversations in 2017 to change how we speak about mental health, and as a result end the stigma often associated with it.
There are numerous ways to get involved and show support for this initiative: you can share the campaign’s films and messages on social media and encourage your workplace, organisations and clubs to become supporters of Heads Together.
- May – June 2017 - June 1, 2017
- Calmer, Happier, More Blissful - June 1, 2017
- Let’s get our Heads Together to change the conversation about mental health - June 1, 2017
- Simple Practices For More Calm - June 1, 2017
- Good News - June 1, 2017
- Beyoncé: “We have to take the time to focus on our mental health - June 1, 2017
- Joe Wicks’ Recipe For Wellbeing - June 1, 2017
- Don’t Compare and Despair - June 1, 2017
- Good Mood Food - June 1, 2017
- Iron-Rich Steak Salad - June 1, 2017