The Best You supports this global digital campaign to raise awareness of the elephant poaching crisis
The new global movement #MarchforGiants unites citizens, celebrities, and companies in unique activism to protect elephants, and fight against poaching.
One third of Africa’s elephants have already been lost, with an average rate of 55 killed per day. During the month of March, the #MarchforGiants virtual herd of elephants will travel across social media platforms and digital billboards around the globe.
Ricky Gervais, Joanna Lumley, and Mark Hamill have joined thousands adding their support to #MarchforGiants.
Joanna Lumley says that “this year, March for Giants presents a one-of-a-kind opportunity for people everywhere to make their voice heard. It is a truly transformative moment for the conservation of Africa’s elephants and their habitats.”
Anyone can take part in #MarchforGiants by donating just £5/$6 at www.marchforgiants.org. In Britain, people can also text GIANT to 70025. Sponsors can customise their elephant’s design before it joins the ever-growing herd, and the funds raised protect elephants in the wild.
#MarchforGiants will begin on Thursday, 8 March on a big screen in Manchester, marching on to Birmingham the next day, then London, Paris, Amsterdam and Melbourne, before arriving in Kasane, Botswana on 16 March at a key conservation Summit being held to discuss the protection of elephants.
Over 55 elephants are killed for their tusks every day
More elephants are poached than born.
Join the March NOW at www.marchforgiants.org
- September – October 2018 - October 15, 2018
- What’s new - October 15, 2018
- The power of saying ‘enough’ - October 15, 2018
- The Great Elephant Walk - October 15, 2018
- Meghan Markle - October 15, 2018
- A Gratitude Attitude - October 15, 2018
- How Do We Break Out of The Doom-and-gloom Cocoon and See More of What’s Right in Life? - October 15, 2018
- Sole searching - October 15, 2018
- Book Club - October 15, 2018
- Warren Buffett Life Lessons - October 15, 2018