Can you believe it is already halfway through 2014? It seems like just yesterday we were popping the Champagne to ring in the New Year and making a list of resolutions. We know those resolutions were made with the best of intentions, but nobody will blame you if you’ve slipped up a bit. The June 2014 issue of The Best You is packed with inspirational ideas to get you back on track and start living life to its fullest.
We are very proud to present Jamie Oliver as the cover star of this stellar issue. We have been following his career since he was a skinny, Naked Chef, and the work he has done in the world of nutrition is nothing short of miraculous. But he hasn’t had it easy. Like so many people, he has struggled through personal challenges before finding his niche in the world, making him all the more inspirational. As much as we can attribute Jamie Oliver’s success to perseverance and tenacity, he couldn’t have done it without the help of a support system, and getting the help you need is the theme of this month’s issue. Beth Murphy from Mind talks about depression and getting the help you need to deal with it, and Bernardo Moya chats with David Smallwood, a man who was a substance abuser living a life that wasn’t his own who turned it all around.
He now uses his experiences to help others go through what he went through. Watching what you eat and staying healthy can be a challenge, especially when you work in an office with a biscuit tin. But what is it about 4pm and the urge to eat something sweet? We chat to a nutritionist about this phenomenon, and she gives us some good dos and don’ts. Then Kate Northrup helps us feel a bit more affluent in our minds when we barely have two pennies to rub together. There have been so many Twitter botch-ups recently, from NYPD, to the very recent UKIP.
Social media guru Lon Safko gives us some tips on how to avoid these social networking faux pas and use Twitter the right way. All this and so much more!
All contributors include: Louise Hay, Beth Murphy, Dr. Pedram Shojai, Zane Henry, Janet Murray, Stephen Simpson, Zoë Harcombe, Kate Northrup, Emma Vites, Gerry Robert, Geoff Edwards and Lon Safko.
- 6 Burnout warning signs and solutions - May 9, 2019
- 10 Game-Changing Business Lessons From Motivational Books - May 9, 2019
- How resilience is one of the most important skills you can master for a happier life (and it is SO easily learned) - April 5, 2019
- THE BEST YOU A Better World - October 15, 2018
- Welcome to The Best You magazine - March 21, 2018
- The Best You A Better World - November 30, 2017
- Improving mental health in the workplace - November 30, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - September 25, 2017
- The Best You: A Better World - July 12, 2017
- The Journey - June 1, 2017