Kickstarter is the world’s largest funding platform for creative projects, helping millions of people to make their dream a reality and live a truly rich life
Have you got an idea that you just keep returning to but never seem to do anything about? Perhaps it’s a little niggle, thinking that you could create something beautiful – be that film, music, art, games, comics or design – if only you had the cash.
Kickstarter is an enormous global community built around creativity and creative projects which helps people to turn that niggle into a project to be proud of.
Over 10 million people, from every continent on earth, have backed a Kickstarter project. Some of those projects come from influential artists like De La Soul, but most come from amazing creative people you probably haven’t heard of – from indie filmmakers to the band down the street.
Every artist, filmmaker, designer, developer, and creator on Kickstarter has complete creative control over their work – they simply tell a vibrant community of potential backers about their plan and their funding goal (the amount of money that a creator needs to complete their project). Backers then pledge money to join creators in bringing projects to life.
Kickstarter’s sole mission is to help bring creative projects to life and that’s how they measure their success as a company, rather than by the size of their profits. Since its launch in 2009, over 12 million people have backed a Kickstarter project, $2.8 billion has been pledged, and 117,739 projects have been successfully funded.
For more info visit www.kickstarter.com
- September – October 2017 - September 25, 2017
- The Future is Neural - September 25, 2017
- The time is now - September 25, 2017
- What a Wonder-ful World - September 25, 2017
- Good News - September 25, 2017
- The Long Road to Redemption - September 25, 2017
- Book Club - September 25, 2017
- Freedom on two wheels - September 25, 2017
- Working together for A Better World - September 25, 2017
- Great Ormond Street Hospital - September 25, 2017