Kickstarter is the world’s largest funding platform for creative projects, helping millions of people to make their dream a reality and live a truly rich life
Have you got an idea that you just keep returning to but never seem to do anything about? Perhaps it’s a little niggle, thinking that you could create something beautiful – be that film, music, art, games, comics or design – if only you had the cash.
Kickstarter is an enormous global community built around creativity and creative projects which helps people to turn that niggle into a project to be proud of.
Over 10 million people, from every continent on earth, have backed a Kickstarter project. Some of those projects come from influential artists like De La Soul, but most come from amazing creative people you probably haven’t heard of – from indie filmmakers to the band down the street.
Every artist, filmmaker, designer, developer, and creator on Kickstarter has complete creative control over their work – they simply tell a vibrant community of potential backers about their plan and their funding goal (the amount of money that a creator needs to complete their project). Backers then pledge money to join creators in bringing projects to life.
Kickstarter’s sole mission is to help bring creative projects to life and that’s how they measure their success as a company, rather than by the size of their profits. Since its launch in 2009, over 12 million people have backed a Kickstarter project, $2.8 billion has been pledged, and 117,739 projects have been successfully funded.
For more info visit www.kickstarter.com
- Apps that do good - November 13, 2019
- Smashing the glass ceiling - November 13, 2019
- Are you on the brink of burnout? - November 13, 2019
- Is It Time For A Fitness Overhaul? - November 13, 2019
- The Best You Legacy Club - November 13, 2019
- Meet the people getting Britain moving - November 13, 2019
- BECOMING THE BEST ME - November 12, 2019
- Book Club - November 12, 2019
- The Power of Perseverance - November 12, 2019
- Brian Rose: Lighting The Path to Success - November 12, 2019